[telecom] timely joke

Is a bit of levity in order in these hallowed halls these days?

After a busy day, a commuter settled down in her seat for a snooze on the train ride home to Mt. Kisco from downtown Manhattan.

The guy sitting next to her pulled out his cell phone and started talking in a loud voice: "Hi sweetheart, it's Eric. I'm on the train -- yes, I know, it's the six thirty, not the four thirty, but I had a long meeting -- no, honey, not with that floozie from the accounts office, with the boss. No sweetheart, you're the only one in my life -- yes, I'm sure, cross my heart," etc., etc. Fifteen minutes later he was still talking loudly, so the young woman sitting next to him, unable to pull off that little snooze, retaliated with a stage whisper loud enough to carry through to the other end of the cell phone conversation: "Hey, Eric, sweetie, turn off that stupid phone and come back to bed!" S'pose Eric thinks twice now before using his cellphone in public any more?

Cheers, -- tlvp

Reply to
tlvp
Loading thread data ...

In article you write:

Gee, when people sent this around last week, she was on the train home to Hudson from Montreal.

R's, John

Reply to
John Levine

Eric, John, Peter, or whatever his name is, probably doesn't really exist

formatting link

Reply to
Matt Simpson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.