[Telecom] Series on Telecom security

Bruce Schneier, who coined the term "Security Theater" and is the author of "Applied Cryptography", publishes a newletter called CRYPTO-GRAM, which I recommend to those who are interested in both cryptography and security issues.

The January 15, 2010, issue includes these links:

'A very good four-part series: "Risk and Security in the Telecommunications Industry." '

formatting link
The series discusses the issues of survivability and resilience that arise out of the increasing concentration of both routes and "supernodes".

For info about CRYPTO-GRAM, visit .

Bill Horne

P.S. The same issue includes Schneier's invitation to join the "TSA Logo" contest:

Over at "Ask the Pilot," Patrick Smith has a great idea: "Calling all artists: One thing TSA needs, I think, is a better logo and a snappy motto. Perhaps there's a graphic designer out there who can help with a new rendition of the agency's circular eagle-and-flag motif. I'm imagining a revised eagle, its talons clutching a box cutter and a toothpaste tube. It says 'Transportation Security Administration' around the top. Below are the three simple words of the TSA mission statement: 'Tedium, Weakness, Farce.'" Schneier responded "Let's do it", and the contest ends on February 6th.

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.