[telecom] Harassed by robocalls [Telecom]

[ snip ]

the Golf Course in Lon Beach. What was happening was when the hunt

> group was busy the next call would go to another hunt group, which had > out number on it; I would tell them they reached the wrong number, most > were understanding and would try again. I passed the problem to our > customer service office and they contacted the golf course and told > them that they needed to add more numbers to their hunt group because > they were getting more calls they it could handle. For a reason I > never understood they would not upgrade.

Because it would cost more money.

***** Moderator's Note ***** > > Steven, I'm confused: why didn't someone just break the hunt so the > calls didn't go to your number? Couldn't SxS do that? > > Bill Horne > Temporary Moderator

Stories like this made me understand why people hated the telco. As mentioned in other posts, it would be a bit of work for someone at the telco to make the service operate like it was supposed to.

I worked for a telco for 32 years.

Wes Leatherock snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
Wes Leatherock
Loading thread data ...

Wes Leatherock wrote: [Moderator snip]

I worked for GTE California for 30 years and never really understood why things were done the way they were sometimes; I was told many years ago there are 3 ways to do things, the wrong way, the right way and the telephone company way. I still do contract work for Verizon as well as other telephone companies and others and still see things that don't make sense to me. You would think that the companies would be worried about a customer leaving, but they are not.

Reply to
Steven Lichter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.