10 Out of 10 For Idea; 1000 for Implementation

I was driving down I-95 today from Philly to Baltimore, and for most of the time my GSM phone (which is on Fido/Rogers out of Canada) was showing that it was on AT&T Wireless as the carrier. As I came past the airport, it switched over to showing T-Mobile as the carrier. A few seconds later I received a text message from T-Mobile (subject is "905") welcoming me to the USA and telling me to dial home use 011- or "+" and the number.

Its nice to see that T-Mobile is looking for non-US phones and letting you know what to do to "call home", but it isn't set to deal with region 1 phones, as to call back to Toronto from Philly on T-Mobile, you definitely wouldn't dial 011 to start the call.

Perhaps someone from T-Mobile will see this and tweak their system so it doesn't send this to Canadian phones when roaming in the USA.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Farrar
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.