Re: Where to Buy a Cellular Phone Jammer?

Don't miunderstand me here. I basically agree with your position.

> But didn't the more recent communications act render the > Communications Act of 1934 obsolete?

Not as far as I know. The Communications Act of 1934 gets amended all the time, but it is still, as far as I know, the basis of radio regulation in this country (and, yes, television and cell phones are, physically, radio). Did it go away when I wasn't looking?

I do think that perhaps use of such jamming devices (if properly > designed) might be useful in prisons where there is a problem with > contraband cell phones running being used for drug deals and other > problematic things. Of course, we'd have to address the issues and > how to correctly make it legal for use (so that situations like you've > described can be avoided).

Probably by amending the regulations.

Another thing that would be useful would be to have a "turn off cell phone" signal that all cell phones would be programmed to receive and obey. It could be transmitted periodically around hospitals, theaters, etc. The idea is that in a real emergency, you could still turn your cell phone on manually. Much safer than jamming. If cell phones are jammed in, say, a theater, you create an ideal place to take hostages.

Reply to
mc
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.