Re: Don't Call It Spyware

In article you write:

Three years ago the company was considered a parasite and a scourge. > Today it's a rising star -- selling virtually the same product. How a > pop-up pariah won the adware wars.

There's some statements in this article which I know are wrong, like the claim that they finance the Anti-Spyware Coalition. I'm an ASC member and I can assure you that Gator/Claria has never tried to show their face, and would have been turned down if they asked, like many other adware companies already have. This makes me somewhat sceptical of the whole article. Also, I've met Annalee and she is a good writer but she is not the most skeptical person I've ever met.

Claria has been pretty good at dealing with their legal challenges, and their PR is great (it even fooled Esther Dyson), but people in the industry are under no illusions about what they do.

Regards,

John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 330 5711 snipped-for-privacy@iecc.com, Mayor,

formatting link
Member, Provisional board, Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial E-mail

Reply to
John Levine
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.