Re: Time Warner Digital Phone Question

I hope this isn't too inappropriate a question for the digest.

> I finally fired Ma Bell. I had once-upon-a-time worked for AT&T and > remainded a loyal telephone customer. However I just got tired of > waiting for DSL on my street so I could take advantage of their > phone/DSL/satellite package deal. I already had Road Runner > high-speed Internet from Time Warner so I signed up for digital cable > and phone. > The Time Warner website is rather sketchy and I'm having trouble > finding an answer to this, so I'm asking here. I understand I can > continue using my existing telephones and jacks with digital phone. > But can I use my computer to make/receive calls on my digital phone > number? I have both Windows XP and Apple Mac OS X at my disposal. > Note, I'm not talking about using Skype. I would like to be able to > place and receive calls on my home number from my computer regardless > of where my computer may be. Is this possible? > Thanks, > John Mayson > Austin, Texas, USA

Well, "no" because your computer's modem isn't connected to the internet, "yes" because your new ATA (analog telephone adapter) MAY be able to muster enough REN to handle all your phones and your modem(s). "maybe" because some VoIP services have limitations on FAX and modem operation that use older technologies.

You will just have to try it and see. I'll bet it will work!

Reply to
Rick Merrill
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.