Re: Time Warner Digital Phone Question

Also, in our division at least, the service goes out A LOT. It is not

> the most reliable to say the least ... You'd be amazed at how much we, > as a culture, have come to assume that when you pick up the phone > there will always be a dialtone. If you have gotten Digital Phone, > please leave that notion at the door ... and try not to get too > frustrated with Tech Support -- they're there to help ... If the service > goes out too much for you to handle, then cancel it. No harm, no foul.

In our Buffalo, NY radio market, I hear numerous ads for Verizon plugging "it's always on when you need it." At another point in the hour on the same (Citadel Broadcasting owned) station, listeners were treated to an ad from Time Warner Cable plugging their services.

While on my lunch break at work, the television station we watch had an ad for satellite televison services. In clear earshot of our service manager and IT person, I mutter "I'll be impressed enough with satellite when I can get high speed, low latency internet service!" I got a good chuckle out of her!

A coworker of mine groused about Time Warner's high download but low upload speed of his cable internet service. He lives too far away from one of the Niagara Falls central offices to have Verizon for DSL.

DSL works for us at home. It works flawlessly for our landlord living below us in the flat. I like getting these services from a phone company who understands the concept of having a duty to continuously provide service.

Reply to
Curtis R Anderson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.