Re: Telephone Dialing in Old Movies, Police Radio

Ambulances back then had some first aid gear, such as oxygen, but

> basically were only a station wagon or small van with a stretcher > (canvas sheet between two poles). Today's ambulances have radios and > telemtry machines where a patient's vital signs are relayed to the > emergency room doctors. Hospitals are alerted in advance to prepare > for certain cases, such as a heart attack.

The rescues and ambulances of today are truly mobile intensive care units. I know that all the rescues in my city are MICU's. They also carry trained paramedics.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Ditto here in Independence. The last time I had to go to the hospital (a rush four in the morning thing) about a year ago with what I thought was pneumonia (gasping for air and difficulty breathing) the ambulance crew was _very well equipped_ to deal with me. At Mercy Hospital in the emergency room, when I regained conciousness, they advised me I not only had pneumonia as we knew, but I also had had a heart attack on the way over. Those men and women are really fabulous, IMO; as well equipped as any hospital and quite well trained. At the hospital, they put a 'stent' in me, whatever that is, then they worked on the pneumonia. PAT]
Reply to
T
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.