Re: Spyware ... Ugh!

Did they change the name of Hijack This to Alertspy or is Alertspy > something else?

No. Although certain spyware will try to prevent you from finding it.

It is always available here:

formatting link
Or, as it says on that page," Can't reach this page from a CWS infected computer? Try using http://216.180.233.162/~merijn/index.html." I've found it to be invaluable. I've used it enough that I can now recognize what doesn't belong without asking for help. But if you haven't used it before, read the FAQ! And then visit the forums.

john-

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Thanks for that helpful tip on where to find 'HiJack This'. I think it is really pathetic how so many viruses these days as their first order of business when they land on your computer is set about trying to prevent you from being able to reach AdAware and/or Spybot, and now, apparently, HiJack This as well. A virus got into my Windows 2000 one day which absolutely forbade me to download the latest definitions file through Spybot. I had to load a brand new copy of Spybot on another computer, then transfer it in to the (combo) Win2000/Linux machine with all the new definitions intact. The net, they say, is supposed to be so much fun for everyone. How do people actually use it without getting attacked daily from so many directions by malware? Oops, I almost forgot: Many netters tell us 'there is no consensus on what constitutes malicious behavior, and there is no way to stop it, and anyway no one (read this as _my friends_) want anything different.' Sigh ... PAT]
Reply to
jmeissen
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.