Re: Sky-high travel phone bills nearly bust house payment [Telecom]

Sat, 12 Sep 2009 08:22:45 -0400 Monty Solomon quoted an article:

Sky-high travel phone bills nearly bust house payment > > By Christopher Elliott > Tribune Media Services > > (Tribune Media Services) -- When it comes to "gotcha" fees, the > cellular phone industry makes travel companies look like rank > amateurs. > > Take what happened to P. Morgan Brown when his wife decided to take a > spur-of-the-moment vacation to Indonesia. > > Her Verizon bill came to a staggering $8,000. Text-messages home cost > an astounding $2.50 each and the meter was running at an eye-popping > $1.75 a minute for phone calls.

It's too bad that this person got the huge bills but I don't feel that sorry for anyone who just "goes" somewhere with a device that has the potential to run up huge bills without investigating what their travel with their device is going to cost them.

I am well aware of the high cost of roaming and data roaming charges and that's why I get prepaid SIMs when I visit other countries and if someone calls me on my own number I have that covered too since I have my calls forwarded to my foreign number. I use the Kall8 service, but there are others that work as well such as VoiceStick.

Reply to
Joseph Singer
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.