Re: Should Kids Have Cell Phones in School?

> Should kids be even allowed to bring a phone into the building? If

>> so, should it be allowed with them? >> I am curious as to what other people think of this issue. It is >> presently controversial. >> Generally speaking I don't think kids "need" cell phones; for a kid >> they're generally a luxury rather than a need. >> I don't buy the argument that parents need to be able to reach their >> kids "since 9/11". "9/11" was a once in a lifetime event. Other >> disasters, natural or man-created can of course happen, but they are >> rare, too. > I, for one, agree that no school child needs a cell phone. But then > I'm an old guy. I don't think they need helmets when riding a bicycle > either.

I think you're right on both, but the second is something that is supported by studies; the first needs definition of what ways in which it might be a problem, and then work to decide if those are indeed the case.

Reply to
jtaylor
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.