Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites

>> Fred Atk>>> Sorry to come down on you this hard, but limiting student access to

>>> information simply because we think they don't 'need' access to it is >>> a pretty short sighted opinion for an educator to take. >> You're presuming that it's educators who are in favor of blocking >> technology, but I think that's jumping to an unsupported conclusion. > As both an educator and a student, I am, in fact, in favor of > "blocking technology". The last thing I need is students distracted > by more crap on their laptops while I'm lecturing -- and the last > thing I need, as a student, is more distraction.

What does this have to do with technology being used in the appropriate place, like a library?

You don't want students doing other things when they're supposed to be listening to you. That's not particular to technology -- before IM, you'd have had to deal with kids passing paper notes between each other.

Barry Margolin, snipped-for-privacy@alum.mit.edu Arlington, MA

*** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***
Reply to
Barry Margolin
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.