Re: School Children Shrug Off Enmities in Cyberspace

Cyberspace get-togethers between schoolchildren in British-ruled

> Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic are helping break down decades > of mistrust and could provide a model for young people in conflict > zones elsewhere.

I'm all for such programs, but I am very wary of their success. There are other issues at play in peaceful group interaction.

For years various ethnic groups lived side by side in hotspot countries. The strong govt changes and the groups revert to their old viscious violence, such as in former Yugoslavia and Iraq.

I know of increased prejudice and trouble when previously separate youth ethnic groups get mixed together, sadly to say.

The theory "if we only got to know each other we'd get along" is by no means the saviour. In WW II Americans the Soviet soldiers got along great to win the war but hostilities arose immediately afterwards, thanks to Stalin.

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.