Re: Podcasting Not For Most People

Roadblocks

> There's already an example of what happens when something gets so > inexpensive that what was once limited to corporations and > professionals becomes possible for anyone: spam.

That's roadblock number one. Number two is the technology.

The last major roadblock to podcasts taking off is an unfortunate > thing, but one that's real nonetheless: the tyranny of choice.

When I first heard about sites like eBay and craigslist, I thought they would suffer from much the same problem. If anyone can sell their junk, these sites will presumably be filled mostly with junk.

I don't use these sites myself, so I still wonder how they've been so successful despite this.

In fact, the same argument could be made about the Web as a whole. Just because anyone can be a publisher doesn't mean everyone *should* be a publisher.

Barry Margolin, snipped-for-privacy@alum.mit.edu Arlington, MA

*** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me *** *** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***
Reply to
Barry Margolin
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.