Re: OneSuite [telecom] (was Re: AT&T to discontinue CallVantage voip service)

You may want to check out Onesuite.com pay as you go VoIP service.

> It's $2.95 monthly for the service that includes free incoming calls > and a phone number. If you want to use your previous number then > porting is free. Outgoing rate is 2.5 cents to a US number and 1.9 > cents to Canadian numbers.

Something I've never understood is pricing for OneSuite. I note that making calls to US numbers is 2.5 cents/minute, 1.9 cents/minute to Canada and 2.4 cents/minute to call Israel.

Why would it be cheaper to make a call to Canada or to Israel than it would be to make a domestic US call?

Reply to
Joseph Singer
Loading thread data ...

There are at least two answers to that: 1) "what the market will bear." 2) "what they have to pay the terminating LEC."

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

1. you are assuming there is a connection between what their costs are, and what they can charge the user, for a given call.
  2. they may well get better rates from the International carriers they use, as opposed to the US carriers and LECs they must use.
Reply to
Reed

I think it depends on the local carrier. I noticed European countries are somewhat the cheapest countries to call outside of US and Canada. This is the same thing with other long distance service providers so the pricing isn't really limited to Onesuite. Oh yes China is cheap too and some Asian countries like Singapore.

Reply to
Zee

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.