Re: old NY Telephone HQ, was: Verizon backs down [telecom]

It's been a bunch of years since the various incarnations of the NY

> area telephone companies had their mainoffices on Sixth Avenue > [a]. (They still have some switching equipment at that location, and > might have a bit of office space, but everything else is long gone). > [a] called "Avenue of the Americas" by real estate folk and naive > furriners...

Having been with Southwestern Bell, not NY Telephone, I had no idea where that company had its headquarters, but having visited NY several times for the then AT&T I could tell you its headquarters were at 195 Broadway (usually just "195") and Long Lines headquarters were at 32 Avenue ot the Americas (the only place I ever heard of that gave its address as "Avenue of the Americas," almost everyone else gave their address as "Sixth Avenue."

I would suggest most of the things our esteemed moderator suggested originated at "195" (Broadway), not at a single regional AT&T subsidiary.

Wes Leatherock snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

***** Moderator's Note *****

OK, from now on I'll list Verizon's address as

1 Pretentious Place Valhalla, NY

.. in the hopes that readers stop confusing a building with what happens inside it!

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Wes Leatherock
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.