Re: NN0 Central Office Codes

If there was ever an Allston CO, it was gone many years ago.

I don't think so. It's located on the short diagonal street behind the gas station at the corner of Western and Harvard. Now it's probably just a remote wirecenter on the Brighton CO.

(When I lived in Brighton, I also had an ASPinwall (617-277) number and Brookline ZIP code. This did not result in lower insurance rates; the insurance companies have maps that show where the town line lies -- as do the city and town parking offices. The other important Brookline exchange you didn't mention was BEAcon (617-232).)

The 617-931 choke exchange is listed in the LERG to the Cambridge 02T > tandem, a DMS-200. It's one of two tandems in VZ's 210 Bent St. CO > (the other is a 5E; a 4E next door, at 250, has been > decommissioned). If MIT still gets its dial tone from VZ, it comes > out of Bent St.

MIT has its own 5ESS and has for a long time (it was one of the first

5E's sold to a non-telco customer). There's a project on now to figure out what to do about it before it comes up for renewal next in a few years' time.

Garrett A. Wollman | As the Constitution endures, persons in every snipped-for-privacy@csail.mit.edu | generation can invoke its principles in their own Opinions not those | search for greater freedom. of MIT or CSAIL. | - A. Kennedy, Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003)

Reply to
Garrett Wollman
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.