Re: Music on Hold, Digital Player

We've been using a CD/MP3 player, with a CDROM for our music on hold.

> Needless to say, after awhile running 7/24 for a couple of uses in an > infinite loop it's starting to act up. I was thinking of moving to an > MP3 player instead (no moving parts) this time. But we'd need one > with an external power supply and one that could loop one track. > Not to mention come back up into the proper state (looping the one > track) in case of a power outage. Can anyone recommend a good player > that has these features? We don't need much memory in it, it's just > one track. > I thought of using a sound card in a server (they tend to stay running > long), but then I'd be into the "how do I keep it running" challenge. > If I go that route, does anyone have a background software/service > that will play .wav or .mp3 on a server out it's sound card?

This is a little pricey if you have to get the "Professional" edition, but the basic MOH player is only $28 to licence (sic).

formatting link
Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.