Please identify this hold music [telecom]

Hello.

I'm trying to identify the hold music I recorded at

formatting link
and I'm hoping the people that read this could help.

I've heard a longer version than the 30-second snippet here, and I'm trying to find it.

I would appreciate it if I could at least know the name of it, or even better, if I could know how to obtain the longer version somehow.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Rudy Valencia
Loading thread data ...

It sounds like Spyro Gyra. All their stuff sounds the same (good same, but the same nonetheless) so I can't tell you what it is.

R's, John

Reply to
John Levine

John Levine wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@joyce.lan:

There's an app for that:

formatting link
(or so they tell me)

Reply to
Paul

'Tis funny, it sounds like something I've heard somewhere/someplace but I couldn't identify it. I sent it to a musician friend in Reno who thought it was a TV or movie theme but, again, no ID. He passed it around to other musicians in Reno and both Spyro Gyro and The Pat Metheny Group were returned as possibilities, but again no title ID.

Was that clip, instrumental.mp3, only an extract? Can the entire piece be recorded? Have you asked whomever is using that music for music on hold (MOH) for more info?

When I setup a MOH for a client's Nortel PBX I asked my Reno friend to assemble a collection of tunes whose arrangements were legally freely available and I used those for the MOH. I had the complete list of all selections with my friend being the performer -- he has a music studio with Sibelius, etc. and a quad-Xeon Mac upon which he creates music; he's 83 years old and both a composer and performer (weddings, restaurants, even my "Star Parties" when he's in Silicon Valley).

Reply to
Thad Floryan

I checked under Spyro Gyra in Rhapsody. This file sounds similar, but isn't by them.

Reply to
Rudy Valencia

I asked about it when I recorded it, the person on the line at that time told me they didn't know.

And that's pretty much all of it, I don't remember the place I recorded it from and it probably has changed since I recorded it.

I've heard the longer version on several hotlines though - Microsoft comes to mind right away.

Sorry I couldn't be any more help.

Reply to
Rudy Valencia

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.