Re: Morton Grove, Illinois (was Party Line Dialing)

In article , reading this group,

I think you worked at the Skokie Swift station.

TELECOM Digest Editor responded, saying:

About the _MORON_ Grove police department. In 1985 or thereabouts, > they managed to get a city ordinance passed -- purely city, mind you > -- banning the private ownership of any handguns within their > village. Forget about the Second Amendment and all that rot; that did > not matter at all to them. They put up a sign on Dempster Street where > Dempster goes into Moron Grove warning everyone that all were subject > to search and seizure for handguns; now I do not own any form of gun; > truth be told, weapons of any sort frighten me a lot; but what scares > me a lot more is the blaise way the village fathers were doing away > with guns, just on the say-so of their police department, and their > neighbors to the east, Evanston and Skokie who also supported the > anti-gun initiative. Moron Grove police were very corrupted anyway, > (as are Skokie and Evanston police) and I just did not get along very > well at all in that part of the world. PAT]

Here in RI your right to have a concealed weapon is strictly controlled by the Attorney General's office. And our current AG Patrick Lynch while in support of gay marriage, is a stickler when it comes to not issuing carry permits.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: What if it is an _unconcealed_ weapon? Suppose you simply walked down the street with a gun strapped on your belt, like an oldtime cowboy? You are not attempting to hide anything. PAT]
Reply to
T
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.