Re: Microsoft to Offer Anti-Virus Software, Service

Microsoft Corp. , the world's largest software maker, unveiled on

> Thursday plans to launch a computer subscription service that would > include anti-virus and security updates for personal computers.

I supposed fixing the underlying security problems with their software would be asking too much? I guess it is much more profitable to sell cheese-cloth operating system software and then sell subscriptions to fix-up software that deals with the after effects of the security penetrations.

Thanks to Microsoft's shoddy software practices, I'm once again being hammered with bounces from viruses running on MS-windows boxes. What makes this one special? It seems that the latest virus is spewing out neo-nazi rantings. Imagine my joy when I see that my email address was being attached to such hate-mongering messages. Do I really need the worry that someone unfamiliar with reading email headers got one of these messages and thinks I really wrote it? Worse yet, what about worrying about someone in the effected group showing up at my door with a handful of their closest friends? I don't exactly keep my contact details a secret.

It is a shame that the forgery victims of these messages can't all get together and collectively sue the pants off of Mr Gates' company for criminal negligence. I don't see how this is much different from the Pinto case where the auto manufacturer saved a (very small) bit of money by not cutting the ends of some bolts off. They knew quite well that those bolts would puncture the fuel tank in the event of a rear-end collision, but simply ignored the problem. How long has Microsoft known about their virus problems and how stupid an idea it is to allow a user to click on a program sent to them in the mail in order to have it installed in their system. Why is this still not fixed?

Reply to
wolfgang+gnus20050515T122844
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.