Re: Last Laugh! Western Union's Comment About Useless Phones

Then I got still another call this morning from 866-660-6940 which I

> answered before they had a chance to hang up this time; but I just > got dead air. I dialed it back, got a recorded announcement so weak I > could not understand any of it, except the final two lines which were > a bit louder, asking me to 'input your telephone number'; so I just > input some bogus number (enough to satisfy their system) and waited > again. After about a minute, their system responded and said 'someone > will be with you shortly ... please wait' but I just hung up. WUTCO > was correct: these damn devices are mostly useless.

Yesterday, I got a call, answered without checking the caller ID, and got a few seconds of dead air, followed by a recorded announcement that said simply, "This is Kaiser Permanente." I assume they were calling to remind me of the appointment I have tomorrow, but that was the entire message. If I had forgotten about the appointment, or if it had been an appointment for someone else mistakenly tagged to my ID number (has happened several times over the years), I would've had no idea what the call was about.

Reply to
Linc Madison
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.