Re: Last Laugh! Spammer, age 35, meets "Moscow Rules"

In article , TELECOM Digest Editor introduced Danny Burstein message by noting:

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Does anyone remember the old parlor > game we used to play as kids? I think the name of the game was > 'Murder'

"Clue", perhaps? As in: 'The butler did it, with the ice-pick, in the parlor'

and it was about this wealthy, rich old geezer who had been > murdered in his home, which was a mansion-like place. Using cards and > dice, and moving tokens around on a board accordingly, we kids had to > use logic and the process of elimination to guess the three cards > hidden from view: (1) who murdered the old gentleman, (2) the way his > murder was committed, and (3) the room of the house it happened in. By > looking at your cards, the tokens on the board and thinking about > previous incorrect answers, we junior detectives had to announce to > the other players out loud, "I suggest that (victim) was murdered with > (weapon: gun, knife, candleobera or other blunt instrument) in the > (room: kitchen, parlor, library, den, bedroom, etc) by (criminal: the > butler, the cook, Colonel Mustard, Mrs. Green, others). The person who > made the right choices won of course, but a wrong choice got the > player eliminated. Today's 'Last Laugh' is brought to us by Danny > Burstein who tells us the true story of the victim (Vardan Kushnir) > who was murdered in his apartment, apparently with a blunt instrument, > but police have not been able to figure out _who_ the perpetrator was. > Personally I doubt they are looking very hard either. PAT] > =================================== > Russia's Biggest Spammer Brutally Murdered in Apartment > Created: 25.07.2005 13:14 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 14:24 MSK, > MosNews > Vardan Kushnir, notorious for sending spam to each and every citizen > of Russia who appeared to have an e-mail, was found dead in his Moscow > apartment on Sunday, Interfax reported Monday. He died after suffering > repeated blows to the head. > Kushnir, 35, headed the English learning centers the Center for American > English, the New York English Centre and the Centre for Spoken English, > all known to have aggressive Internet advertising policies in which > millions of e-mails were sent every day ... >
formatting link
> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Funeral arrangements have not been > announced; they are still pending. That, you see, is how spammers in > Russia are dealt with; a good, effecient dispatch of their rotten > souls if I do say so myself. A prompt cremation of his earthly remains > and all his spam with him should follow and assure he burns in Hell > forever in his special, reserved spot. PAT]
[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Yes!! 'Clue' is the name of the game, either from Parker Brothers or Milton Bradley. A wonderful game which I still remember. PAT]
Reply to
Robert Bonomi
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.