Re: Infone to Shut Down

>> I remember a couple years back some posts about Infone, the Metro One

>> "teleconcierge" service. I got an email today from Infone telling me >> their service will be closing up shop on 12/31/05. I used it a few >> times and was quite pleased with the service. I hate to see it go, >> but I guess they only managed to attract about 83,000 subs after >> spending $70 million to promote the service. Not a real money maker. > I signed up, but I never bothered to use it, I've just never made a > 411 call either. The rest of their features looked interesting, but > not all that useful since it wouldn't save much time. > Sure I could call Infone and have them make a reservation for me, but > I could just call and do it myself in the same amount of time.

So true. I used them a handful of times from my cell mainly because it was cheaper than using US Cellular's 411 which costs "only" $1.50. USCC makes it out like they are doing me a favor by only charging a buck fifty.

Reply to
J Kelly
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.