Re: HSI and Diverted 1-800-CALL-ATT?

From memory, I saw "HSI" on a pay phone outside a convenience store

> last Sunday (it was at a Turkey Hill store on Lampter Road north of > -- NOT LOCATED RIGHT AT -- Pennsylvania route 741). I apparently > punched in 1-800-2255-288 (1-800-CALL-ATT) okay, but got sent to > a collect-call menu of some sort. This is conjuring up some memory > of "I HATE COCOTS" in this digest many years ago. Has this ever > happened before where a telephone number was "intercepted" in this > manner? Fortunately, there was nothing urgent about my attempted > call; more of an effort to get that telephone's number onto my bill >(failed!).

Maybe it is time to revive PAT's old Out of Order stickers to be slapped right over their coin slots. To have any effect it would have to say why the thing was out of order and be difficult to remove.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: If anyone wants to work on this project, they should look in our archives
formatting link
in the section dealing with COCOTS and find the 'out of order sticker' report there. PAT]
Reply to
John McHarry
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.