Re: Google Sends a Virus to 50,000 Users

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Maybe some of you have noticed that

>> Grisoft AVG anti-virus is no longer going to have a *free edition* >> after early in January, 2007. If we want to use it, we will need to >> pay for it effective after next month. PAT] > I think you read their announcement wrong, Pat ... From the Grisoft > website at
formatting link
: >>> GRISOFT is announcing a new version of the AVG Anti-Virus Free >>> Edition. This new 7.5 version with improved performance and full >>> compatibility with the latest Windows Vista version is available. >>> Users that are using AVG Free 7.1 will be provided with a specific >>> dialog, within the next few weeks, with the opportunity to choose the >>> right option fulfilling their needs. AVG Free 7.1 version will be >>> discontinued on 15th of Jan 2007. > So AVG Free 7.1 _is_ being discontinued as of 1/15/2007 -- because > it's being replaced by AVG Free 7.5 which is available now :-)

That's not what they tell you. The nagger screen says no AVG free past Jan 15. I just gave them $29.95.

Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353 Eastern time. N6LRT I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67 Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L Retired at the beach Asst Owner:Sibernet-L

Reply to
Rich Greenberg
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.