Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?

And don't you just hate it when the voicemail system asks for your

> account code so they "can better process your call" and the very first > thing that the human operator asks for is your account number? > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Actually, in the case of human
[...]

or two with an answer? Even for automated systems, the several

> seconds required for voicemail to give its spiel is time the system > can be spinning its disk drives and looking up your account if it > knows your name and identity. PAT]

Pat, you are correct, but it still doesn't answer the original question, why does the human operator STILL have to ask for your account number?

Rich Greenberg Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507 Eastern time. N6LRT I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67 Canines:Val, Red & Shasta (RIP),Red, husky Owner:Chinook-L Atlanta Siberian Husky Rescue.

formatting link
Asst Owner:Sibernet-L

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Maybe because the type of computer system the company uses (or the voicemail, etc) does not present the account number. Or maybe the first step (where you punch it in on the phone as part of voicemail merely validates that you do have an account but it does not get passed 'through the system' to the next person you deal with? PAT]
Reply to
Rich Greenberg
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.