Re: A Message from AT&T for Yahoo Members

I've been waiting with bated breath for at&t (before that SBC and

> before that Southwestern Bell) to offer DSL in my neighborhood because > it's 1/3 the cost of my cable modem service with Time Warner. However > after talking to DSL customers, I'm beginning to have second thoughts. > I rarely have issues with my broadband service, but when I do I can > usually talk to the tech and prove to him (not being sexist, it's > always a male) I know what I'm talking about. Once I spit out outputs > of ifconfig, ping, and talk about my TCP/IP settings, we can move > beyond the "is your blue cable plugged into your cable modem". I > understand that at&t Texas DSL will not do this. They must "follow > the script" so you end up spending 10 minutes checking things like > power and cables.

Probably not a problem. You order DSL, and a few days later get a box in the mail (or from UPS/Fedex) Containing the modem, cables and filters.

You follow the instructions, hook it up and it works. If you know what you are doing you will probably never need to call tech non-support.

Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353 Eastern time. N6LRT I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67 Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L Retired at the beach Asst Owner:Sibernet-L

Reply to
Rich Greenberg
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.