Re: Arbitration Left ID Theft Victim With $27,000 Bill

>>>
formatting link

>>> By Caroline E. Mayer >>> Yes, I thought your liability from a 'stolen' card (which this >>> is) was $50.00? >> Only if you notify them within 24 or 48 hours. She didn't notify them for >> weeks, until the bill came in. > What was she thinking? She should have known that someone stole her > identity BEFORE the bill came in. > Oh, maybe she wasn't a psychic afer all ...

Part of the problem was that someone claiming to be her sister called MBNA and changed the address, so the statements never arrived. True, this SHOULD have set off an alarm, but ...

The last time I changed the billing address for a CC, they sent a letter to BOTH addresses confirming it. Of course as I had already moved, the one to the old address was forwarded to the new address ...

Rich Greenberg Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507 Eastern time. N6LRT I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67 Canines:Val, Red & Shasta (RIP),Red, husky Owner:Chinook-L Atlanta Siberian Husky Rescue.

formatting link
Owner:Sibernet-L

Reply to
Rich Greenberg
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.