Re: Getting Run-Around on Porting my Number From AT&T to Vonage

Early in March I signed up with Vonage and asked them the transfer my

> number from AT&T, my local service provider. I signed a LOA and > waited. When nothing had happened after 3 weeks I emailed > Vonage. They now tell my that AT&T is apparently trying to resell my > number and therefore the transfer is not going through. I called AT&T > and was told that AT&T is not reselling my number and that there they > can't see a problem with the transfer. I email Vonage with that > information and receive an email that now that all the obstacles are > removed they will proceed with the transfer request. So I wait > again. Finally about 10 days later I email Vonage to ask them what is > holding up the transfer. They reply that they are waiting for AT&T to > set an FOC date. I turned around and ask AT&T what is holding them up > setting the FOC (firm order confirmation) date. So I get the reply > today that AT&T does not give an FOC but that "due to systems > limitations" Vonage will not be able to port my local service directly > from AT&T and that I will need to switch my local service to Verizon > and then port to Vonage from that provider. > I am exasperated. Is there any truth to this? Why can't AT&T port the > number directly to Vonage? and if not, somebody at Vonage should have > known about this from the start since I would certainly not be the > first person to go through this process. Instead I am now paying for 2 > concurrent services (AT&T and Vonage) and have to add on another 3rd > service (Verizon) while spending more time waiting for the > transfer. Is somebody making money of this? Is it kind of scam?

Probably because AT&T is reselling Verizon service.

Get the local PUC involved and cc the FCC. There's clearly no technical limitation, it's just determining who owns the number.

Reply to
T
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.