Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?

escribi en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@telecom-digest.org:

Several years ago I signed up for the big PC Expo show in New York > City. I included my real email address. > Since then I have received many advertisements for subsequent > technology shows and from various vendors. Early on I sent in a > request to remove my name; that request was ignored. > The promotors of PC Expo are not some "fly by night" basement outfit, > they are supposedly a legitimate organization. But I am angry that > they released my email (which was required) to outsiders and that I > continue to get spam from them. The latest spam came from: ITD > Holdings > Any suggestions? > Thanks. > [public replies please]

There seems to be no way to get off of legal lists, if that what they call them. Sears and others like them are no problem, but these web sites that need e-mail addresses sometimes sell them to others and then they go from there. I get one very regular, offering me refi on property that I no longer own. In the e-mail it thanks me for contacting them or it was nice talking to you last night and so on. The e-mail address is always forged and when you do a complete header it is always from an IP that is offshore. What is interesting is whoever has written the e-mail must have not gone to school at all or has no grip on English as the words are always spelled wrong, and I don't mean just wrong, but no sense at all.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today? (c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Reply to
Steven Lichter
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.