Re: Comcast, Verizon Wage Licensing War/Towns Caught in Crossfire

Comcast's best friend in this is Verizon. I had scheduled a move to

> FOIS, but cancelled when I learned that Verizon blocks many incoming > ports, and although I can re-direct web and FTP traffic to other > ports, that's a game I'd rather not play. Verizon can also block other > ports, once they detect activity they don't like. I cancelled. I don't > understand this behavior by Verizon at all. The relationship betwenn > the customer and Verizon should be deadly simple: I pay for a > connection, and then use it however I want (like I do now). Verizon > limits speeds up and down, and that's their way of controlling network > saturation. Then I learned they don't allow servers, either. What a > joke. I pay for a connection, and they determine how I use it? No > chance. Wake up, Verizon! > FWIW, I only want to use web and FTP services to share digital pics > with my family, and it's way more convenient than trying to constantly > e-mail huge files.

Don't allow servers, that new. I have seen them supply rounters and the such to their customers. As to blocking ports all IP's do that when there are problems.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today? (c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Reply to
Steven Lichter
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.