Re: Demise of the airline industry (was:Demise of Western Union) [Telecom]

> There is no public passenger trasnportation anywhere in the world > that is not subsidized--bus, air, rail, subway, light rail. The > market is working properly. There is no demand for public passnger > transportation at market prices...those which would have to be charged > if there were no subsidy.

At least in the U.S., auto transportation is subsidized as well. Check out these studies that the Sierra Club has located (but not commissioned):

It's also just common sense: I pay the same price at the store whether I walk there or park in the free lot. That's just one example. The Interstates were build from general funds, not gas taxes. There's more.

-- Gary

***** Moderator's Note *****

Given that L carrier cables were run in the center strips of the interstates, and that the head ends were all in hardened sites, I'll say it's telecom related ;-).

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Please put [Telecom] at the end of your subject line, or I may never see your post! Thanks!

We have a new address for email submissions: telecomdigestmoderator atsign telecom-digest.org. This is only for those who submit posts via email: if you use a newsreader or a web interface to contribute to the digest, you don't need to change anything.

Reply to
Gary Shapiro
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.