Re: Cutting the cord [Telecom]

A cell phone still sounds like a bad sideband

> transmission.

That has not been my expeerience in recent years. Voice quality (AT&T, previously Cingular) is aurally indistinguishable from a landline phone, both for me and for incoming calls from other AT&T cell phones. Nor can I detect a differnce on incoming calls from other parties which I believe to be non-AT&T customers. Wes Leatherock snipped-for-privacy@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Wesrock
Loading thread data ...

I second Wes' comments. Starting with Cellular One (which became or was absorbed by Cingular then by AT&T) voice quality has been exemplary since 1992 with the three cell phones I've had and used since then: Motorola Micro T*A*C Lite, Nokia 6162i, and now a Motorola RAZR.

Friends who had dual-mode (analog and digital) phones always forced their phones into analog mode because the early didital quality was poor.

Reply to
Thad Floryan

I'll third it. I've been with all four nationwide carriers and AT&T has, by far, the best voice quality. When I mention it people are surprised I'm on a cell phone.

John

Reply to
John Mayson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.