Re: Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning

A year ago, I called and asked for upgrade of our dial-up

> connection to broadband cable. > I had already wired our home with a two-way splitter from > the Comcast cable entry to our home (which, by the way, > provided -- and still provides -- excellent TV > reception). I used top-line Belden RG 59 cable for the > 20' run to our top floor den where we have our computer.

Doug McIntyre responded:

FYI: RG-59 has an upper bandwidth pass of around 800-900MHz. Cable > companies have long been using RG-6 for their installations which > has an upper bandwidth pass up around 1.8Ghz.

Or, it might have been the two-way splitter. In my experience, splitters have caused more grief than RG-59. That said, however, you definitely should be using RG-6, not RG-59.

Of course, this doesn't excuse the installation tech that couldn't > do basic troubleshooting, but it could very well have been your > interior wiring not being the proper type.

True on both counts.

Neal McLain

Reply to
Neal McLain
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.