Re: Cell Phone Owners Just Want Simple Phones

> So far, Sprint Nextel is doing something right as its subscribers

>> spend the highest average amount for data services in the industry. > Something right for the stockholders, or something right for the > customers?

Obviously, the customers think (correctly or not) that they are getting a better deal from Sprint, since they pay it. If they weren't, they'd have signed up with someone else. (For existing customers, there's a disincentive for this, due to the usual 1 or 2 year service agreements).

One thing Sprint is doing wrong, IMHO, is narrowing the choice of > phones available. They don't offer simple phones any more. I know that > electronic economics means you can always get more for less as time > passes, but sometimes you still just want less.

Indeed, my current cell phone is essentially disposable, costing a mere $20 (however, it's also a prepaid phone) to buy it. It costs me around $8/month to keep it running and working. But this approach only works since I don't really make a lot of calls (a lot of calling people to tell them I'm ready to go at the airport, etc, i.e. almost entirely 1-2 minute calls).

Richard W Kaszeta snipped-for-privacy@kaszeta.org

formatting link

Reply to
Richard Kaszeta
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.