Re: Auto Call Forward

In a message dated Thu, 24 Nov 2005 19:38:32 -0500, asdf I know of a feature that when you want incoming calls forwarded

to let's say your cellular you can reconfigure the office phone. > However you have to be onsite to do so. But what if you can't get to > the phone. Is there a way of doing this remotely or is there some kind of > auto call forward feature so that if line goes down the system > automatically forwards incoming calls to the cellular.

I believe the service you are looking for is called "Remote Access to Call Forwarding" (RACF). I first heard of it from a woman active in a largely volunteer organization where different volunteers took turns answering the calls when there was no one in the non-profit's office.

She was looking for a way to change what number the call was forwarded to when the designated volunteer changed so that no one would have to go to the office to change the destination number.

The service was not offered when she first made the request, but it became an offering a year or two later and the organization promptly subscribed to it. There was a monthly charge, but as I recall at that time it was pretty modest.

Wes Leatherock snipped-for-privacy@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Wesrock
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.