Re: 303-720-1234 (Re: Caution: Unidentified Callers)

> PAT - DO NOT display my email address anywhere in this post! Thanks. > ******************************************************************** > DLR wrote: >> I got a call yesterday on my Sprint cell phone from 303-720-1234. >> I had no idea at the time where area code 303 was so I let it go >> to voice mail. But they didn't leave a message. So today I tried >> to call it back and got a "no such number exists" type of message. >> And I can't find anyone with this number via Google searches and >> don't really want to pay for more information. Now to be honest it >> looks a bit bogus to me. 1234 and all. > It is bogus. 303 is the area code for the Denver CO Metro area. (At > one time, the entire state of Colorado used 303, but that was some > time ago). 720 is being used as a central office code within the 303 > area code in your situation, but the 720 numerics as an area code also > happens to be the overlay area code for the Denver CO Metro area. > Since ten-digit local dialing is mandatory within the Denver Co Metro > area of area codes 303 and 720 in overlay, there isn't anything > "wrong" with having a 303-720 code, nor a 720-303 code, nor even a > 303-303 or 720-720 code. Ten-digit local dialing is mandatory in > overlay areas. > However, it happens that at this time, there is no such 303-720 code > assigned in the Denver CO Metro area. I looked up the central office > code reports at NANPA's website,
formatting link
and 303-720 is > unassigned but still available for assignment. > So, you probably got a call from a telemarketer sending bogus caller-ID > information. > Typical. :(

I have gotten a call on my cell-phone from 303-720-1234 also, it was a recorded message in Spanish that I couldn't understand. I have gotten this same message three times now, always from a different number most recently from 351-460-1234.

Reply to
agreatnate
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.