Re: 10 Out of 10 For Idea; 1000 for Implementation

Coming from UK to France on the Eurostar train, unleashes a flood of SMS messages (with accompanying audible alerts) to each GSM to the like of "Bienvenue aux reseaux xxx". Bloody annoying! And unnecessary since we _know_ we are in France.

obsidian

I was driving down I-95 today from Philly to Baltimore, and for most > of the time my GSM phone (which is on Fido/Rogers out of Canada) was > showing that it was on AT&T Wireless as the carrier. As I came past > the airport, it switched over to showing T-Mobile as the carrier. A > few seconds later I received a text message from T-Mobile (subject is > "905") welcoming me to the USA and telling me to dial home use 011- or > "+" and the number. > Its nice to see that T-Mobile is looking for non-US phones and letting > you know what to do to "call home", but it isn't set to deal with > region 1 phones, as to call back to Toronto from Philly on T-Mobile, > you definitely wouldn't dial 011 to start the call. > Perhaps someone from T-Mobile will see this and tweak their system so > it doesn't send this to Canadian phones when roaming in the USA. > Chris
Reply to
obsidian
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.