P.S. on Mobile Informational Call Act [telecom]

Here is a blog from a banker's collection agency that is for the bill. They say if a consumer gives someone their cell phone number-- say an airline--the airline would not be allowed to call it to report a delayed flight. I don't think that's accurate.

Anyway, this blog gives a very different perspective on the bill (they're for it). [I don't agree].

formatting link

[public replies, please]
Reply to
HAncock4
Loading thread data ...

I wouldn't believe that to be the case, either, but when pursuing your interests in the court of public opinion, spin (and even outright deception) are the rule, not the exception.

Long ago, I must have provided my bank with my cellphone number - I'm not sure whether it was clearly marked as such, but I probably would have put my home number in first so I would think that it was. A couple of years back they called it to tell me of some new service they were offering that they thought I might be interested in. When I informed them that this was my mobile number and could they kindly not use it for marketing, the indignant caller remarked that I had provided them with the number myself... I told her that I provided the bank with my mobile number so that, for instance, if they suspected my card was being used fraudulently they could reach me quickly wherever I was to verify the transaction, and that they could stick to my home number for marketing. To the bank's credit, they haven't called my cellphone since.

Reply to
Geoffrey Welsh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.