OnStar Begins Spying On Customers' GPS Location For Profit [telecom]

OnStar Begins Spying On Customers' GPS Location For Profit

Posted on September 20, 2011 by Jonathan Zdziarski

I canceled the OnStar subscription on my new GMC vehicle today after receiving an email from the company about their new terms and conditions. While most people, I imagine, would hit the delete button when receiving something as exciting as new terms and conditions, being the nerd sort, I decided to have a personal drooling session and read it instead. I'm glad I did. OnStar's latest T&C has some very unsettling updates to it, which include the ability to sell your personal GPS location information, speed, safety belt usage, and other information to third parties, including law enforcement. To add insult to a slap in the face, the company insists they will continue collecting and selling this personal information even after you cancel your service, unless you specifically shut down the data connection to the vehicle after canceling.

formatting link

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

Please give information on how to cancel. They even established a new credit card to charge after my old one was cancelled.

Thanks, Mark Smith

Reply to
Mark Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.