NYS AG Spitzer Again; This Time vrs Spyware/Malware

"Attorney General Eliot Spitzer today sued one of the nation's leading internet marketing companies, alleging that the firm was the source of 'spyware' and 'adware' that has been secretly installed on millions of home computers.

"The suit against Los Angeles-based Intermix Media, Inc. is the most sweeping case to date involving programs that redirect web addresses, add toolbars and deliver pop-up ads ... "The lawsuit arises under the State's General Business Law, which prohibits false advertising and deceptive business practices, and New York's common law prohibitions against trespass ...

formatting link
may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Danny, is it true what I heard that back in January sometime, someone managed to rip off the 'panix.com' name? How long did it take for you guys to recover the name? Did you have to pay blackmail to the person who stole it, as was implied I could do if I wished to have internet-history.org back? PAT]
Reply to
Danny Burstein
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.