Metro PCS type Service in UK [telecom]

Does anyone know of a UK eqivalent of the US Metro PCS cellphone service? Metro PCS offer unlimited use for a monthly flat fee, USD40.00 [in the] US, and USD50.00 International.

Thanks

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

US carriers tend to have lower cost high volume plans than UK carriers. Also, there's no UK carrier with coverage as limited and spotty as Metro PCS so it's hard to make a direct comparison.

O2 offers unlimited talk and text for £46.00 month to month, £41.00 on a 12 month contract if you bring your own phone. Most carriers offer unlimited texts or unlimited calls to landlines as an option in their £20 and up plans.

Note that the UK prices are the real prices, while the US prices invariably also charge a variety of taxes and fake surcharges.

R's, John

Reply to
John Levine

Thank you,

That is a real help. I will check out their international rates for calling back to the US. If they are reasonable, o2 will fit my needs.

Reply to

The international rates on that plan are awful (103p/min), but there are plenty of dialaround services that will let you call the US for

2p/min. You call the UK number of the dialaround service from your phone (free on an unlimited talk plan), then call the number you want to call. That's what I did when I was living in the UK. You can put the whole thing on speed dial for your most often dialed numbers.

R's, John

Reply to
John Levine

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.