I'm looking for information about "Fight For The Future" [telecom]

I've been getting emails from an organization called "Fight For The Future," for a while now, and I'd like to know if anyone reading this knows who funds them and what their agenda is.

FFTF appears to be trying to prevent the FCC rule change which revokes Net Neutrality from taking effect. Their arguments, although hyperbolic, appear well-intentioned, but out of an abundance of caution, I'd like to know who their backers are.

The latest email I got is at . Thanks for your help!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

In article you write:

Their major funders are on their web site. Looks like a bunch of good government types, mainstream foundations, and small to medium Internet companies including Yelp and Giganews/Golden Frog.

formatting link

Reply to
John Levine

Major funders for one or another of their operations are shown on their website:

formatting link

Some that I'm familiar with the names are: Ford Foundation, Knight Foundation, Wallace Global Fund, Media Democracy Fund, Shuttleworth Foundation (Ubuntu), Private Internet Access (VPN), Credo (MVNO), Yelp (website), DuckDuckGo (web search), Namecheap (domain registrar), Reddit (website). And a bunch of others that I don't recognize, including several other VPNs.

Reply to
Dave Garland

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.