Directories [Telecom]

From: snipped-for-privacy@hammy.burditt.org (Gordon Burditt)

>To: snipped-for-privacy@invalid.telecom.csail.mit.edu >Subject: Re: Demise of on-line telephone directory >databases [Telecom] >Message-ID: > >> Might as well resume using printed telephone directories. The number of >> published listings is way down, as the ILEC doesn't carry all telephone >> numbers from CLEC's, but at least what you find stands a better chance >> of being accurate. > >It's impossible to find my phone number via such searches.  I prefer >it this way.  I get nearly zero junk phone calls. > >The model I prefer is:  if you want your number >listed in a directory, >then contact a directory company (or several) and >pay for it. >Telephone companies may not sell data to >directory companies.  If >a telephone company runs a directory company, it >must be done as a >separate unit with no access to the telephone >company database.

You mean some people don't lie to the telephone company? You can find my number in the local directory, [but] you will not find my name.

Reply to
Randall Webmail
Loading thread data ...

You will find my name in the directory since in order to get my 50% telephone company employee discount, but no address; also I have had all online listings removed, at least all I can find.

Reply to
Steven Lichter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.