Chubby fingers vs "Smartphones" [telecom]

As someone who has to continually set up these things to interface with Exchange systems, I can totally relate to this cartoon even if my fingers aren't too chubby! (I really hate interfaces designed for those under 30 years old...):

formatting link
I don't think I've set one up yet without swearing over mistyped server DNS entries or user credentials....

-- Regards, David.

David Clayton Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Knowledge is a measure of how many answers you have, intelligence is a measure of how many questions you have.

***** Moderator's Note *****

The interfaces aren't designed; they're dictated. The Salesdroids demand something that looks familiar and easy-to-use, because that's what moves the product off the shelves. The problems that come /after/ the sale are /externalities/ to the Salesdroids.

A competently engineered design would have a stenographer's keyboard, a few context-sensitive function keys, and a screen that can be seen in daylight.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
David Clayton
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.