bye, bye T-Mobile (fwd)

[press release]

formatting link
Dallas and Bonn, Germany (Business Wire)- AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) and Deutsche Telekom AG (FWB: DTE) today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which AT&T will acquire T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom in a cash-and-stock transaction currently valued at approximately $39 billion. The agreement has been approved by the Boards of Directors of both companies.

[snip] ------ disclosure: I'm both a subscriber and shareholder in T-Mobile (for a long, long, time).

I'm not happy.

_____________________________________________________ Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Reply to
danny burstein
Loading thread data ...

Any bets on when Verizon Wireless will make its move for Sprint/Nextel?

Reply to
John Mayson

It's not a Great Day at T-Mobile, sigh. I am a subscriber too.

Does anyone know the company's history? Didn't know it was a Deutsche Telekom subsidiary.

Reply to
Adam H. Kerman

Hahahaha

T-Mobile's dreadful ad campaign versus AT&T Wireless, ripped off of Mac versus PC, is still running on tv.

Reply to
Adam H. Kerman

I'd say withing 8 months. Then there will be two.

Then within five years we'll get to watch as either at&t or Verizon becomes Mother Bell all over again.

Start the anti-trust lawsuits now! Don't waste any time!

Reply to
T

It started out as OmniPoint. Great service, great prices at the time and the first GSM operator in the United States.

OmniPoint became VoiceStream. Not so great really but still ok.

And then Deutsche Telecom bought VoiceStream and T-Mobile was born.

Reply to
T

The first GSM system in the US was put in place by Sprint in Washington, DC prior to them deciding to be a CDMA operator and was later sold to VoiceStream Wireless.

T-Mobile USA traces its roots back to Pacific Northwest Cellular and Western Wireless. Western Wireless spun off VoiceStream. VoiceStream purchased other GSM operators such as Omnipoint in the northeast and in Florida as well as Aerial in parts of Texas and parts of Ohio as well as many smaller operators. DT when they acquired VoiceStream also acquired Powertel and DigiPH to further expand their network when they re-branded the whole lot T-Mobile USA.

formatting link

Reply to
Joseph Singer

And one of the T-Mobile Customer Care phone numbers is still the old Western Wireless number 1-800-937-8997 = 1-800-WEST-WYR :-) .

Cheers, -- tlvp

Reply to
tlvp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.