[telecom] Dep't of Justice filing suits to stop AT&T takeover of T-Mobile

[Forbes]

Department Of Justice Files To Block AT&T-T-Mobile Deal, Reports Say

On a day where things to be looking good for AT&T, and its proposed acquisition of T-Mobile from Deutsche Telekom, reports that the Department of Justice's antitrust division filed to block the deal rained on the parade.

Spreading like a wildfire across news wires, television, and the internet, the report that regulators had sued to stop the proposed merger sent AT&T's stock nose diving down. ----------

rest (lots of other reports, including rumors of a pending DOJ press conference):

formatting link

_____________________________________________________ Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Reply to
danny burstein
Loading thread data ...

If the DOJ didn't prevent CenturyLink gobbling up QWEST, they have no business objecting to at&t taking over T-Mobile.

Bill

-- "I've been up and down this highway, far as my eye can see No matter how fast I run, I can never seem to get away from me" - Jackson Browne

Reply to
Bill Horne

Maybe it took a while to finally get them snapped out of their previous mindsets and to start doing their jobs?

(Now if only the FCC/FTC would do the same for, as an example, Rachel of Cardholder Services)

Reply to
danny burstein

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.