Accessing an Old Norvergence Article

Dear Mr. Townson:

I am trying to access an October 2003, perhaps October 15, 2003 digest that appeared at one point at the following webpage:

formatting link
link no longer works.)

I am seeking a complaint against Norvergence, which is referenced in the following article:

formatting link
I'd appreciate your help in finding this digest. If you have any questions, please e-mail me or call me.

Sincerely,

Eli Varenberg, Researcher Art science Research Laboratory

formatting link

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Ah yes, Norvergence! I think the item you are looking for is here:

formatting link
(and in particular issue 675, through issue 690.)

Articles that old have long since been flushed from the online Digest you referred to (1140.html) but I think if you look in the above cluster of 50 back issues you will find a copy of it. There were so many articles complaining about Norvergence I don't know which one you specifically want. If you go to the above rather large file, use an editor of some sort to sort down to issue 675 and look through it in detail, also the issues following.

If you ever have any other occassion to look for an older article from our archives, which does not show up in the TELECOM_Digest_Online files because of its age, then use this formula:

Try to extrapolate the YEAR, MONTH and DATE of the article as best you can. Then go to

formatting link
and start from there. First locate the year in particular, then the month and in each instance you will get a cluster of 50 back issues. (We publish two or three issues daily). Our files go back to 1981, but are only filed by individual issue (instead of clusters of 50) as of last year. With the real, real old stuff, you can also use the accelerated index covering 3 years at a time between 1989 and 1998, and sort through those by subject line or author. On that real old stuff I will help you as much as I can if you will send me clues like you did this time. Working your way through our old archives will cause a sane person to go crazy. Maybe that is what imminently qualifies me as the editor/publisher/caretaker around here.

I hope this helps and is what you want. Please let me know. Certain topics around here, such as Bell System, Norvergence, and Terri Shiavo never seem to go away. PAT]

Reply to
Eli Varenberg
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.